I graduated from Montana Institute of Massage Therapy in 2002. I also have a degree as a physical therapist assistant and experience serving patients in home health and providing massage in the hospice setting. Currently I am a volunteer with Rock Steady Boxing ( a program that serves individuals living with Parkinson's disease.) In spring I also serve as a ceramics instructor for FVCC Senior Institute and this summer at Stumptown Art Studio.
I value education on all levels and incorporate new research findings as well as age-old proven techniques into my practice. In order to maintain the utmost quality and care to each individual, I continually seek out opportunities to further my knowledge of the body, mind and spirit.
My continuing education includes the following courses, seminars and qualifications beyond massage licensure:
- Current CPR for health care professionals
- Traditional Thai massage and body work, tools and techniques (cupping, scraping, herbal compress, balms and liniments)
- Massage for orthopedic conditions; upper and lower body
- Explain Pain ( treatment of individuals for chronic pain)
- Myofacial release,Kinesio taping
- Beginning Foundations
- Postural Restoration
To make an appointment click HERE